E Pro 8 2023

E Pro8

On the 8th of May E Pro 8 was so kind that they  gave us another chance to experience engineering. I was extremely excited cause this is my second time doing E Pro8 and that means I get to show the yr 6s how to be an engineer. 

On the first day we walked into class and saw 6 black boxes lined up in an order after that we all got our E Pro 8 workbooks.  After we got our workbooks we had to see who we were working with and the people I was working with were Justine and Grace

. After that we  came up with a team name and it was called J.J.G 3 Engineers. After that we  watched our first video and our first video was building a box. 

For our first project we had to build a box and we had to use Red Joiners, Blue Joiners, Screws and Bolts. Our box had to be 700mm long and 400mm wide. It was pretty hard and confusing at first but we got the hang of it. 

Our second Project was Blowing up a hut. The things we had to use were Red Joiners, Blue Joiners, Screws and bolts. Our hut has four legs and a floor that has to be 700mm wide and 400mm long so that when there is a flood the water level rises to 500mm above the ground. So our floor must be high enough to remain dry when there is a flood. 

For our last and final project we had to build a Dump Truck and the things we had to build it with were our sticks, Red Joiners, Blue Joiners, Axles, Wheels and Ropes. It was extremely difficult to build because people were arguing with each other and some people were just bossing people around.  But in the end we had a wonderful time. 

If you were wondering why we had a little time, it’s because it was a school up north’s turn to experience engineering and I hope they are having a great time.