Saint Patrick’s Jubilee/Saint Patrick’s 175th Birthday

On The 19th of March Our church had a Jubilee. But first we had a 2 hour mass and we had three priests leading our mass and their names are Father Useafa, Father Murphy and Father Peter. They were talking about Saint Patrick’s Day and also saying how Saint Patrick’s is a lucky school because we have a cemetery near us. 

We also had a Tongan Traditional Tau’Olunga in the middle of mass. It was absolutely beautiful and I admired how there was a baby being carried on a chair by a bunch of men while holding the bible amazingly right. 

Fast Forward mass ended and we made our way to the hall for morning tea and to also watch some Polynesian dances and performed a kapa haka with Saint Patrick’s. It was fun because we didn’t just perform a kapa haka we also sang three beautiful songs.The three songs are Irish Blessing, Mo Maria and Karanga e.

The communities that performed were the Tongan, Samoan and Filipino communities. All three were delightful and amazing and I loved it. After watching the dances it was time to eat. But the adults had to go first and they took forever. 

The kids had to wait for more than 1 hour. I felt like i was going to blow up cause how starved I was but after a million  hours it was time to eat but when it was my turn to grab my food the food was almost finished.

Bummer right but for dessert we had a humongous bowl of strawberry ice cream. It was finished in minutes. Crazy right we should’ve won the world record for finishing an ice cream bowl in minutes nah just joking.

But the only reason why I came to the Jubilee is because I wanted to celebrate the 175th Birthday of Saint Patrick’s Parish and that is all that matters.